Wildlife & Bird Watching Tour - 12 Days 11 Nights Tour
Sri Lanka is one of the best and has become one of the most desired safari destinations in the world blessed by its abundance 26 national parks, diverse wildlife including majestic Sri Lankan Leopards, Asian Elephants, Migrant & Endemic birdlife and other wild creatures. This paradise island is the only place after Africa that home to “Big Five mammals” on earth. There are 26 National Parks in Sri Lanka & will offer you an amazing wildlife experience. Our wildlife and Birdwatching tour offers you the best of Sri Lankan wildlife adventure experience and our professional guides & safari teams will bring you an exceptional adventure during your tour. You will enjoy your stays at the country’s best luxury & safari hotels.
Air Port pick up & Overnight stay in Negombo
- You will be welcomed & picked up by our chauffer guide from Colombo International airport & transfer to Negombo for your first night stay.
WNegombo is a major tourist destination in Sri Lanka. This city is an ideal and liberal place with luxury, tropical life style, for those who want quick access to and from the country’s main international airport and also to Colombo city. The 100 km long canal network running through the city is still used, and outrigger canoes and modern water-craft ply this route daily, for trade and tourist purposes. Remnants of colonization include the Dutch fort built in 1672, as well as centuries-old Portuguese and Dutch houses, Administrative buildings, Churches and the ceiling frescoes of St. Mary’s Cathedral. Negombo is also home to the country’s second-largest fish market, also locally famous as being called the “Lellama (Lel-La-Ma)”, at the north end of the town’s lagoon. There are daily fish auctions, which give tourists a chance to meet the area’s fishermen, buy fish and even organize fishing trips into the lagoon and the ocean beyond.
* Overnight stay at Jetwing Beach Hotel, Negambo. Wildlife Tours in Sri Lanka
Spectacular Anawilundawa bird watching Session & Jeep Safari tour of Wilpattuwa National Park
- Check out from your hotel at 05.00am and transfer to “Anawilundawa Bird Sanctuary” to spot birds.
The Anawilundawa Bird Sanctuary is situated in the Puttalam District in the North Western Province of the country, between Chilaw & Puttalam. The uniqueness of Anawilundawa Bird sanctuary is this one of six RAMSA Wetland in the country and it has three vastly different eco systems. This unique ecological system had made a favorable nesting & breeding ground for hundreds of species of birds.
- anAfter the Birdwatching tour, proceed to Wilpattu National Park.
- Do sightseeing on the way
- Check-into Leopard Trails Luxury Tented Camps in Wilpattuwa. In house ranger will educate about the animals and the safari sessions.
- Enjoy your evening while listening to the sounds of nature.
*Overnight stay at Leopard Trails Luxury Tented Camps, Wilpattuwa
Full Day Safari adventure of Wilpattu National Park
- Morning game drive starts after breakfast.- Snacks & drinks will be provided in the game drive.
- Back to the camp for lunch and a break.
- After the lunch, start the evening game drive of Wilpattu National Park.
Wildlife Tours in Sri Lanka
*Overnight stay at Leopard Trails Luxury Tented Camps, Wilpattuwa
Asian Wild Jumbos of Minneriya National Park
- Check out from your hotel and transfer to Minneriya National Park.
- En route stop in Ritigala Forest Sanctuary to spot some birdlife.
- starThe jeep safari tour of Minneriya National park at 03.00pm (Until 06.00pm)
*Overnight stay Water Garden, Sigiriya
Birdwatching in Kithulgala Village
- You will be transferred to Kithulgala village.
- birdwatching & a nature trail of Kithulgala village in the evening.
*Overnight stay at Palmstone Retreat, Kithulgala
Ceylon Tea Experience, Hill Country and Little England
- Morning birdwatching trail to waterfall and “Belilena Cave”
- Breakfast at the Hotel and Leave for Nuwara Eliya.
- En route visit Tea Factory, Tea Plantation.
- Stop at scenic Waterfalls to make beautiful photographs
Nuwara Eliya is a city, in the hill country of the Central Province, Sri Lanka. The city name meaning is “ Little England” , “city on the plain (table land)” or “city of light”. The city is the administrative capital of Nuwara Eliya District, with a picturesque landscape and temperate climate. It is located at an altitude of 1,868 m (6,128 ft) and is considered to be the most important location for Tea production in Sri Lanka. The city is overlooked by Pidurutalagala, the tallest mountain in Sri Lanka. Nuwara Eliya is also known for the temperate, cool climate, the city is known for being the coolest area in Sri Lanka.
* Overnight stay at Oliphant Luxury Boutique Hotel, Nuwara Eliya
Horton Plains & World’s End Trekking | Night in Udawalawe
- Leave from the hotel at 04.30am to Horton Plains & World’s End trekking for a birdwatching trail and a nature trails- 3-4 trail
- Come back to the hotel, take a refresh and proceed to the country’s one of most famous parks for Asian Wild Elephants as well as bird lives “Udawalawe National Park”.
- Drive through one of most scenic roads of the country. Do several stops to make breathtaking views such as “Ella Gap” & “Ravana Waterfalls” .
- Check in to Big Game Camp in Udawalawe.
- Do a nature trail in the evening if time permits
*Overnight stay at Big Game Camp, Udawalawe
Morning Game drive of Udawalawe National Park
- Do the morning game drive of Udawalawe National Park.
Udawalawe National park is one of most popular national parks in Sri Lanka as well as a smaller national park that is home to the total land area of 308.2 Sqkm. Park is a perfect sanctuary for wild animals displaced by the rive Walawe and the Udawalawe Reservoir. This is a perfect grassland for Sri Lankan wild elephants. Udawalawe is also a birdwatching site for endemic birds such as Sri Lankan Spurfowl, Sri Lankan Grey Hornbill, Sri Lankan Red- faced Malkoha & Brown Capped Babbler
- After the safari trip, come back to the Big Game Camp, take a refresh and proceed to Yala.
- Do sightseeing on the way to Yala
* Overnight stay at Jetwing Yala, Yala
Full day Safari adventure of Yala National Park
- Start the full day safari tour of Yala National Park at 06.00am until 06.00pm- Snacks, fruits, water bottles and a Sri Lankan lunch is provided inside the park.
Yala National Park is the most visited and second largest national park in Sri Lanka. The park consists of five blocks, two of which are now open to the public, and also adjoining parks. The blocks have individual names such as, Ruhuna National Park (block 1) and Kumana National Park or ‘Yala East’ for the adjoining area. It is situated in the southeast region of the country, and lies in Southern Province and Uva Province. The park covers 979 square kilometres (378 sq mi) and is located about 300 kilometres (190 mi) from Colombo. Yala was designated as a wildlife sanctuary in 1900, and, along with Wilpattu was one of the first two national parks in Sri Lanka, having been designated in 1938. The park is best known for its variety of wild animals. It is important for the conservation of Sri Lankan elephants, Sri Lankan leopards and aquatic birds.
*Overnight stay at Jetwing Yala, Yala
Sinharaja Rain Forest- The Birds Paradise
- You will be transferred to the country’s major Rain forest and the paradise of birds “Sinharaja Rain Forest.
Sinharaja Rain Forest (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) and is home to numerous indigenous birds such asthe Ceylon Hanging Parrot (Loriculus beryllinus), the Ceylon Grey Hornbill (Ocyceros gingalensis), the Ashy-headed Laughing Thrush (Garrulax cinereifrons), Layard’s parakeet (Psittacula calthripae), the Jungle fowl (Gallus lafayetii ), the Spur fowl (Galloperdix bicalcarata), the Ceylon Wood Pigeon (Columba torringtonii), the Brown- capped Babbler (Pellorneum fuscocapillum), the Red-faced Malkoha (Phaenicophaeus pyrrhocephalus) and the Ceylon Blue Magpie (Urocissa ornate) among others, are prominent in this area.
Relax in the evening at your Jungle Chalet while enjoying sounds of birds and nature.
*Overnight stay The Rain Forest Eco Lodge, Sinharaja
Morning Bird Watching & Nature trail in Sinharaja Rain Forest
- Do the 2 hours morning Bird watching trail (Bird Flocks) that is started at 06.00am.
- Do evening bird watching trail
*Overnight stay at The Rain Forest Eco Lodge, Sinharaja
Say Good Bye until see you again
Transfer back to your return flight back home from Sinharaja (5 Hour drive) after an amazing Wildlife & Birdwatching tour of Sri Lanka.
- Air Conditioned Private Car / Family Van
- 4 & 5 star Hotels & Resorts on Half Board Basis
- All Inclusive basis (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) at Leopard Trails Wilpattuwa
- English / German speaking Professional Friendly Guides
- All Costs related to all tour excursions, Entrance fees of all UNESCO Heritage sites, Safari Jeep and other mentioned all tour activities are included
- Unlimited mineral water bottles for the entire tour
- Unlimited mileage throughout your tour
- All Government taxes & tariffs are included
- No Additional Charges
- Additional meals & beverages outside of the booked meal plan
- Visas & Flight Bookings
- Expenses of personal nature
- Tips & Portage
What to Pack for Sri Lanka
- Sun Creams
- Hat or a cap
- Slippers, Sandals , Jelly Flats
- Camera, memory cards & spare batteries
- Hiking Shoes
- Rain Jacket
- Back Pack & a Day Pack
- Warm Weather Clothes
- Sun Glasses
- Bathing Suit
- Mosquito Spray
- Sarong or wraparound skirt
- Travel Diary or a travel book
* Cancellation Policy
- Cancellation of Your Travel plan by you must be notified to us in writing, and will take effect the day we receive it. The following Penalties will apply dependent upon the number of days before Your Travel plan commence:
- Cancel the booking in 60 days or more – Forfeit of deposit (Refund 100%)
- Cancel the booking between 30-59 Days – 95% of total ground arrangement cost will be refunded
- Cancel the booking between 20 -29 Days – 85% of total ground arrangement cost will be refunded
- 19 Days or less than 19 Days – Non-refundable
For any request regarding the cancellation, please contact us.
* Special Notes
- Rooms are subjected to availability at the time of booking confirmation
- An advance payment of 25% of the total tour price is required at the time of the booking confirmation & the balance payment should be settled 15 days prior to the arrival
- Alcohol will not be served at any hotel or any restaurant on POYA DAYS (FULL MOON DAYS)
- The Standard check in time of Hotels in Sri Lanka is 14.00hr
- The Standard check out time of Hotels in Sri Lanka is 11.00hr
Eco Friendly Luxury Hotels & Tented Camps
Hotels & Resorts on tour
Want to customize this tour? Feel free to contact us.
We draft Tailor- Made tours as per the wish of our every client. Let us know your ideas & requests by e-mail or phone.