Short Break Tour 01 – 03 Days 02 Nights Tour
So you have limited days for a shot trip to highlights in Sri Lanka & You are keen on history & culture? Look no further. We have the best options for you. Our Short break tour option 01 will give you the best of Sri Lanka in 3 days and this tour includes two major UNESCO Heritage sites, a safari adventure and beautiful landscapes.
Airport pick up and first night at the Holy City of the hills- “Kandy”
You will be picked up from Colombo International Airport/your hotel in Colombo or Negombo in the morning and will be transferred to Kandy. En route, visit the Asia’s largest captive Elephant Orphanae “Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage”. Spend a time with captive herd of Asian Elephants.
ShoProceed to Kandy and visit “The Temple of tooth” Kandy.
Kandy is the second largest city in the country after Colombo. It was the last capital of the ancient kings’ era of Sri Lanka. The city lies in the midst of hills in the Kandy plateau, which crosses an area of tropical plantations, mainly tea. Kandy is both an administrative and religious city and is also the capital of the Central Province. Kandy is the home of The Temple of the Tooth Relic (Sri Dalada Maligawa), one of the most sacred places of worship in the Buddhist world. It was declared a world heritage site by UNESCO in 1988.
Short Break Tours
* Over Night stay at Cinnamon Citadel, Kandy
The Royal Temple complex of Dambulla & The 8th Wonder of the Ancient World -Sigiriya Lion Rock
After breakfast at your hotel in Kandy , you will be transferred to UNESCO World Heritage site “Dambulla”. Visit the most fascinating ancient Buddhist Temple “Dambulla Cave Temple”.
Golden Rock is a cave temple which dates back to the 1st Century .BC. Its rock ceiling is one large sweep of colorful frescoes which depict Buddhist mythology and the tales of the Buddha’s previous births. The caves house the largest collection of Buddha statues in one place.
After the Dambulla Cave Temple, explore the 8th wonder of the Ancient World “Sigiriya Lion Rock”.
ShSigiriya is an ancient palace located in the central Matale District near the town of Dambulla in the Central Province, Sri Lanka. The name refers to a site of historical and archaeological significance that is dominated by a massive column of rock nearly 200 meters (660 ft) high. According to the ancient Sri Lankan chronicle the Culavamsa, this site was selected by King Kasyapa (477 – 495 CE) for his new capital. He built his palace on the top of this rock and decorated its sides with colorful frescoes. On a small plateau about halfway up the side of this rock he built a gateway in the form of an enormous lion. The name of this place is derived from this structure —Sīhāgiri, the Lion Rock. The capital and the royal palace was abandoned after the king’s death. It was used as a Buddhist monastery until the 14th century.
Short Break Tours
* Overnight stay at Aliya Resort & Spa, Sigiriya
You will be transferred back to Colombo International Airport / your hotel in Colombo or Negombo Short Break Tours
- Air Conditioned Private Car / Family Van / Mini Coach or Luxury Bus
- “Safe & Secure” Certified Level 1 Hotels & Resorts
- English / German speaking Professional Friendly Guides
- All Costs related to all tour excursions, Entrance fees of all UNESCO Heritage sites, Safari Jeep and other mentioned all tour activities are included
- Unlimited mineral water bottles for the entire tour
- Unlimited mileage throughout your tour
- All Government taxes & tariffs are included
- No Additional Charges
- Additional meals & beverages outside of the booked meal plan
- Visas & Flight Bookings
- Expenses of personal nature
- Tips & Portage
What to Pack for Sri Lanka
- Proper Hand Sanitizers, Face Masks and gloves (Your Own Safety Kit)
- Sun Creams
- Hat or a cap
- Slippers, Sandals , Jelly Flats
- Camera, memory cards & spare batteries
- Hiking Shoes
- Rain Jacket
- Back Pack & a Day Pack
- Warm Weather Clothes
- Sun Glasses
- Bathing Suit
- Mosquito Spray
- Sarong or wraparound skirt
- Travel Diary or a travel book