POLONNARUWA ANCIENT CITY TOUR
Polonnaruwa is the second and the medieval capital of Sri Lanka which dates back to 12th century AD. This ancient city is a showcase of the great ancient Sri Lankan architecture which was added by few great kings who ruled the territory for years. Among those kings, the greatest king. Parakramabahu I was the best and most of buildings done by him. Apart from Buddhist culture, Polonnaruwa Era was the period when Hinduism culture touched Sri Lanka from South India. Hence Ancient Hindu Temples and Hindu Sculptures can be seen in this Ancient city. Major highlights of Polonnaruwa city are Ancient Stupa, ruins royal palace, royal council hall, royal pools, Ancient Buddhist temples & Monasteries, Buddhist University, Ancient Hindu Temples and huge granite Statues of Lord Buddha.
You will visit
Royal Swimming Pool
- Bring proper Hand Sanitizers, wear face masks and gloves during the tour
- Wear cotton clothes. Wear something long to cover your knees and shoulders when you visit temples
- We provide unlimited mineral water bottles for your tour
- There are plenty of recommendable local cafes and restaurants where you can have a snack or lunch.
- Bring your camera to capture the amazing spots of the tour